How to "clean" a LCD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to use the proper cleaning kit i.e.the spray and cloth but was told by the sales rep at John Lewis that a clean and slightly damp cloth would suffice just as good and cheaper to boot.

What you do is get a clean cloth that has never had any detergents and wet it, then wring it out so no more water (or hardly no water) drips when wrung. Wipe you screen / TV with it, and then with a dry cloth that doesn't get used for any other cleaning give it a wipe.

The streaks that you have may be cuased either by grease on the cloth your currently using, or detergents that have been on the cloth from another cleaning job.

I would be careful using rubbing alcohol on a screen, it tends to break a lot of plastics down.

IMO, a wash rag, or microfiber cloth, with warm water, rung out very well, just slightly moist, seems to work the best for me.

I have used many LCD cleaning sprays, usually end up with really bad results.

I would be careful using rubbing alcohol on a screen, it tends to break a lot of plastics down.

IMO, a wash rag, or microfiber cloth, with warm water, rung out very well, just slightly moist, seems to work the best for me.

I have used many LCD cleaning sprays, usually end up with really bad results.

Which is why about a 50/50 mix of isopropyl alcohol and water are good to use; we used a mix we made at work to clean all of our LCD tv's, and a cloth, and they were all right.

Even watered down, the chemical compound of it does cause plastics to break down :-\

Which is why using a low concentrated amount of isopropyl alcohol (about 50-70% or less) is better. Then use a 1:1 mixture of this and water, and you'll be all right since the alcohol has been diluted even further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom