how can I share internet access?

Status
Not open for further replies.
GageMW said:
it depends, some of the wireless have 256 bit or higher encryption, but you dont have much to worry about unless you're doing something illegal or for some strange reason transmit passwords over internet, and unless 2 comps are next to each other, its a pain in @$$ to wire thru walls, believe me, i did with cable tv, surround sound and my ethernet,
on the other hand you could just tape it along the wall and put tons of furniture all around and paint over so no one would notice :p lol

I run mine along the phone lines in my house. nobody can tell that they are there

erm? along the phone lines? :confused: you mean thru walls? the only phone lines i have that are visible is between the actual phone and wall socket :p

Wiring isn't that hard... I wired all the cat5 for the phones and cable internet in my fathers new house and I'm only 14... It shouldn't be that hard. Heck even did some of the hardwiring for electricity in the basement.

GageMW said:
erm? along the phone lines? :confused: you mean thru walls? the only phone lines i have that are visible is between the actual phone and wall socket :p

yes. I ran the wire through the same holes that the telephone people put in. they ran the wires through the basement

aha i see, well it depends on the house, i did some wiring in condos when i was 16 and it was easy, but wiring ethernet up 2 floors in a house like mine is more of a pain then you could imagine...

Thanks for all your help ya'll, I think this should be an easy thing to do since my house ain't all that big.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom