How to buy a gaming box!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't even seem to be answering my questions...

Are you absolutely sure the 4400+ will run at a frequency of 2600Mhz with a 1MB cache, I just don't understand why AMD would release a processor that is so identical to the FX-55.

Also, you are suggesting simply an Athlon 64 series processors for the hardcore gamer. I would think that any gamer would easily know that the Athlon 64 FX series will blow away any other processor (except maybe the Pentium Extreme Editions), so I wouldn't see why you wouldn't be suggesting an FX-57 or FX-59 if we are talking about unreleased processors.

Furthermore, as I have now stated three times, what about dual cores? Surely you are aware that these are on the horizon from both Intel and AMD, and that it would only seem logical that two processors of the same era would outperform a single processor from the same era.

I'd also just like to point out that it would be quite easy to critisize you as not being as enthusiac for not liking to overclock, but it doesn't really matter, as long as you are deeply interested and devoted to a particular hobby, it doesn't matter how you carry it our or what not, whether it be through overclocking or simply buying higher end parts.

eipeks said:
whats your definition of a hardcore gamer, buddy?

know-it alls.

I've already describe my terms and I'm sorry to say I've written you off as a joke who makes a guest appearence in a thread and expects me to take them serioulsy.

Echo_ said:
most hardcore gamers arent even on the best comps cuz theyre mostly college kids..

this point is like saying why buy a civic when you should buy a ferrari.... PEOPLE CANT

Sorry, but we can't communicate if we use different defintions, and I've described my defintion of a hardcore gamer more than once, it's not about "quantity"...it's about "quality IMO.

And the cost difference between a powerful box and a mediocre one is $10 a week, nothing like the HUGE difference between a civic and F.

Are you absolutely sure the 4400+ will run at a frequency of 2600Mhz with a 1MB cache, I just don't understand why AMD would release a processor that is so identical to the FX-55.
gaara.

No I'm not certain, but that's not the point, the point is that you have an upgrade path if you start with a AMD 3000.

Also, you are suggesting simply an Athlon 64 series processors for the hardcore gamer. I would think that any gamer would easily know that the Athlon 64 FX series will blow away any other processor

Next you'll be asking why I don't support SLI.
Look at the reviews, a powerful machine can run most games at 1600x1200, and it certainly will once you've upgraded it to 4400, 2 gig, R520/X850XT or something along those lines.

Furthermore, as I have now stated three times, what about dual cores? Surely you are aware that these are on the horizon from both Intel and AMD, and that it would only seem logical that two processors of the same era would outperform a single processor from the same era.

Ok, but it's not hear yet and as long as it sin't hideously expensive then it would be ok, dual CPU's would be of more value than dual GPU's.

I'd also just like to point out that it would be quite easy to critisize you as not being as enthusiac for not liking to overclock, but it doesn't really matter,

Oclocking gives little performance benefit, but increases heat and can be unstable and risky to the part.....my power comes from a well specified PC in the first place.

Jeff Lawson said:
I've already describe my terms and I'm sorry to say I've written you off as a joke who makes a guest appearence in a thread and expects me to take them serioulsy.

Ah. So you are the one calling the shots in the gaming world now? lol
So sorry. I musta missed the part where i was supposed to give a s#it about how you label me.

Guest appearance...

ok Mr. 45 posts.

eipeks said:
Ah. So you are the one calling the shots in the gaming world now? lol
So sorry. I musta missed the part where i was supposed to give a s#it about how you label me.
]

Unfortunately you've proven to be grotesquely immature, subsequently I'm writting you off as a clueless teenager.

Jeff Lawson said:
Unfortunately you've proven to be grotesquely immature, subsequently I'm writting you off as a clueless teenager.

Firstly, "grotesquely immature" makes no sense.
Secondly, stop avoiding the point. You're definition of hardcore gamer means nothing to anyone. Nor does who you "write off". What are you in insurance or something? You seem to write off alot.

Lastly, I am hardly a teenager, though I can see how you would think so, me having all my cool toys and gaming systems. My wife is also a harcore gamer, though she likes popcap games and something called Pizza Frenzy...plays the thing to death.

Tell me, oh wise computer building guru...what sort of adrenaline packed hardware does my wife need to play on Pogo?

gf6800 gt?

nah...not powerful enough for a hardcore gamer such as her.

whew, good thing you have your 'defenitions'

Aaaaand we're done here. Thread closed as it's just heading in a rather bad direction

- Nubius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom