hot prescott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any Prescott core 70 degrees and lower is considered normal and should not pose a problem. Based on the fact that his load temperatures are slightly over 70, it's safe to say his core is pretty average for a Prescott. I agree that he should go about cooling it down 5-10 degrees at the least, but the Prescott has been built to run fine at those temperatures.

that seems really high... i thought mine was running a bit hot, but i guess not. oced 700mhz to ~3.5ghz i'm at 58c load with a 7700, i bet with stock cooling though it'd be close to yours.

Its able to run @ those temps, but it shouldn't be. When i first bought mine, plugged in the stock cooler.. i was getting around 46 idle, 57 load. no where near 70, theres definently somethign suss going on. with good cooling and as5, ive reduced mine to 37 idle.. I would suggest you buy a new HSF and invest in some case fans if you dont have any already.

Just stick with the stock HSF. It works fine. I even OC'd my prescott from 2.8ghz to 3.8 on the stock HSF and I was getting 46c idle and 61c full load.
When it is at normal speeds i get 35-40c idle and 54 full load

I think low 70's is too hot. I think the reccomended maximum from Intel is 69 degrees. Mine gets to 66 and I think that's too hot. You want better cooling.

i think i may have found out what is helping heat up, i think it's the psu. the psu is like very very very hot to the touch and the fans in it aren't running at the max, also it's an off brand to. it's a 500 watt so yeah, should i look into a better psu?

Been there and done that with Prescotts, yea that is kinda hot, not really for Idle, but pretty hot for load. I peak at about 65 under load. Prescotts are made to run hotter, and normally arent affected by high temps. you should be fine

i stumbled across something strange to me. there are two vcore's, so the cpuz v-core will be vcore1 and the v-core in the ocing utility will be v-core2.

okay so when booting into windows, v-core1 is at 1.32 and v-core2 is at 1.33 with a temp of 52c idle.

in the utility i boost v-core2 up to 1.40 and v-core1 goes down to 1.12 with a temp of 32c idle.

next, i down v-core2 to 1.39 and v-core1 goes up to 1.28 with a temp of 52c idle.

next, i up v-core2 to 1.41 and v-core1 goes up to 1.51 with a temp of 68c idle.

during all of this the fsb is at 200mhz.

i'm so comfused by this, help me.

does any one have an idea about this? i think i read something on it but it wasn't really clear. i can't google it because i don't know how to put it in.

are you using series 5xx or 6xx?

use the Arctic ALumina compound, and do follow instructions before applying, i'm running mine on stock cooler with alumina @ 38 on idle and 54 at MAX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom