Horizontal wavy lines

Status
Not open for further replies.
no the FPS doesnt need to match frame rate.
----------------------------------------------------------
it still sounds totally obsered that u get sync probs on a system as fast as yours and with a CRT.

have u tested it with a different monitor? just to make shur its not the monitor?

and how many FPS do u get in DOOM? add this to the .cfg config file in the base folder in the DOOM3 directory to c fps ingame ->'com_showFPS = 1' ...if its not higher then 30, thats prolly the reason u c those lines.. though i think u should at least get 60, prolly higher.

u also have the latest version of DirctX?

It's not the monitor. I've had this problem too, with my old Geforce2 MX with all monitors

Hounestly, i've never seen any PC playing first person games without these line effects (while moving your mouse rapidly)

Try it on any PC

TheMajor, your rong.

my 1.1celeron gforce2 64 pci, with vsync and antialias diabled, running Q3 medium quality at 800xres, and about 100hertz monitor frequency... there is no screen splitting at all, no matter how fast i move the mouse.

the only time screen splitting should happen is wen your trying to play something out of your gfx cards tollorance limits. and that should definatly not happen with BadComyanys pc. ,unless he used a LCD, but he's not.

you said that your monitor refresh rate would change automatically to 60 Hz. Although I've never heard of such a thing, if it is the case, then the low refresh rate and VSYNC being disable will definitely cause wavy lines. Either lock your refresh rate at somewhere around 85 or enable VSYNC.
Did you check if TRUEFORM was on. If it is, turn it off. This was a software optimization and with newer games everything is done via software. Except for a few programs such as Morrowind, this function is not supported.

"refresh rate would change automatically to 60 Hz" <-- oh, i know wat he means, yea most games automatically go to 60hz when thy switch to full screen, i dont know how to change it ingame, theres prolly a command for it.

but u can press alt+enter when your ingame, that will put it in window mode, witch then usess whatever frequency u set your desktop to, ex-85hz.

try that and see if it still occures??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom