Hooking up case lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

drumerdudeman

In Runtime
i have an Aspire Turbo X-Dreamer case i bought with my custom pc and it has led lights that are supposed to come on the front as well as a temperature reader but its not working because i dont think its plugged in. i can do a little inside a computer but i dont know much about this and was wondering if someone knew what i need to do

i have that case, you are suppose to connect them to the motherboard, and the led fans you connect them to the PSU.

I have the case as well, the six big blue LEDs on the front connect va that molex coming out from the front panel, the temp sensoor reads from that white/clear plastic stick like thing, and the temp readout connects via a molex adapter, which is included.

i looked back in the case and found the cords for the temp reader hooked em together and now that works, i looked for the led cord and the one that i think it is is white but the end is inside a little orange strawish protective covering and the end of the cable is two small twisted wires, but this isnt plugged into anything, where does this go and is it the plug for the led lights

i found a little black box that has cords going through it and i think there is a speaker on it, is this the system speaker or something i should be using to help the above

help is greatly appreciated

Don't mess with that black box. It's on the front panel right? If so thats the temp readout/button holder. The LED power lead is the ribbon of wire with alternating white and colored wire terminating in a molex connector. Plug that into power (it can even be strung off the temp readout power, they don't use a lot of power), and you shouldn't be able to sleep at night (those thigns are bright :) they light up my whole room)

i wish i knew wht a molex connector was and how to string it off the led power connecter

can you tell me more aout where it plugs in and looks like

if it helps, i have an abit IS7-V MOBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom