Holy crap my comp has issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

bomt697

In Runtime
I was typing up a report for skool and the monitor just goes black, like it was turned off, but it wasnt. i didnt hear any click or anything from the HD. I rebooted and so far so good. Man anyone one have an idea how or why this happened?

Could just be some setting issues and conflects. You might just want to check around and see if anything shows up, depending on what O.S. you have others could probably give you a better example on where to look.

windows has a feature that shuts down devices not currently in use after a certain amount of time to save energy. monitors usually switch to standby mode after 20 minutes of no use. you can adjust these settings in the control panel. it's called power management i think.

of coarse if the monitor shut off while you were typing you have a definate problem on your hands. it could point to a software conflict or hardware problem...well actually thats pretty much every problem scenario which doesn't help you much.

can you describe the problem a bit more? is this the first time it's happened or is this a constant problem?

No not really, something along the line of this happened before. the other times the screens goes black and says that theres no single going into the monitor like its not hooked up to a video card. I dont no for some time now my computer is giving me a crap load of problems. I had my hd replaced about 7 times and the one am on now looks like it needs to be replaced as well. I format like on a weekly bases. Anyone one have any ideas on what i should change in this comp: XP1800, ESC mobo, generic 512 ddr 2100, 80 gig maxtor 7200rpm, geforce Ti500(lastest drivers)

i had this problem alot.

whenever my screen went black, i would have to screw aroudn with the vga cord thats going into the monitor, all the whole time i thought it was my vga card but it turned out it was my vga cable.

hope this information helps ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom