HL2 ATI problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
it could be ture but its quite not, sorry. it is all in his hardware man, he has somethig worng somewhere and i think its drivers myself.
It's not his hardware though, it's been stated numerous times that a number of people playing this game recieve memory read errors.

Here is the fix:

First location:

Right click your Half Life 2 icon on your desktop (the one you would normally double-click to launch the game). Then click Properties. Click the Shortcut Tab. In the line labeled Target, you will see something like this, depending on where you put the program when you installed it:

"C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 22

Copy and paste the following AFTER the above line:

+mat_forcehardwaresync 0 +snd_async_prefetch_priority 1

Be sure there is a space between -applaunch 22 and +mat

Click save and you are ready to go.

Second location:

From the Steam Play Games Menu, right click on Half Life 2. Choose Properties, then click Launch Options. Paste the following in the box.

+mat_forcehardwaresync 0 +snd_async_prefetch_priority 1

Click Ok and you are ready to go.

Do the same fix for Half Life 2 Deathmatch and Counter Strike Source.
Try tightening your memory timings again after using this fix and see if it solves the problem as I don't think you should have compensate by keeping them loose.

If that still doesn't work it seems that your memory is starting to fail on you, but I'm confident it is simply a HL2 problem as you've said it doesn't happen anywhere else.

When was the last time you had a fresh install of your os and all your drivers and software? I also found that if you totaly delete steam and any game files, then redownload them it will solve some problems. I did that process when i had problems with the source engine crashing.

Do you know of anyway to fix the lag problems in HL2 whenever it plays a sound for the first time?
You mean the sound is actually lagging and getting stuck in a continous loop?

You can try this and see if it solves your problem. Often at times though sound looping is just caused by resources getting jammed up or dangerously high temperatures, but I doubt either of those are a problem in your case.

i have a problem sorta like that in doom3. i have to move around and shoot some before it stops laggin and then after that its totally fine the whole time. why is that? and that is w/ high settings and 1024x768 res.

well obviously his was better but there was a problem w/ that. he was getting 33fps and i was getting 30fps now that is just incredible!! now i have no problems w/ my machine crashing at all in games espeacialy w/ HL2 and i keep my system oc'd 24/7 man. no where this is concerned
Keep in mind your FX is only playing in DX8.1 while his is playing in DX9........there is a way you can force HL2 to play in DX9 and I can guarantee you it will be unplayable at those previously mentioned settings ;)

Even the 5950 Ultra couldn't play it, FX series just bombed with DX9

all FX series where DX9 cards, so why wouldnt it play in DX9? i think your talking about geforce4 cause a TI4400 would pwn my 5600 at halo1 only cause it couldnt add luster to objects and have shadows. another DX9 game it would do that in is DuesEX invisible war, but ive recently fixed that and i can play it just great now as well as halo1. If i wasnt running doom3 or HL2 in DX9 i wouldnt have shadows, luster, pixel shader2.0 and all that good stuff that makes the game look as good as his w/ his x800pro. i assure you im running all games that are compatible at DX9.

all FX series where DX9 cards, so why wouldnt it play in DX9?
I can guarantee you the FX series doesn't utilize DX9 in HL2......even beedub knows this.

Look it up.

EDIT: Infact come to think of it, go into the options and I believe there is a drop down menu for the DX level and you will see it will be stuck on 8.1 ;)

http://3dgpu.com/archives/2004/08/25/geforcefx-hl2-dx8-only/

There's a tidbit of news I just got up right now off google.

The GeForceFX series has the sloppiest shaders ever conceived. Nvidia cut corners and because of it, they are extremly inefficient in rendering Dx9 Shaders. Just look at shader benchmarks, the Radeon 9x00 series runs circles around the GeForceFX. not only were the ATI shaders faster, but they were much more precise. its not uncommon for any GeForceFX to have problems in shader heavy Dx9 programs. FarCry had a number of problems with the GeForceFX shaders and HL2 will barely even render in Dx9 if someone uses a GeForceFX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom