HL2 ATI problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

beedubaya

Golden Master
I can't seem to play HL2 anymore...it just crashes to the desktop continually, giving me a message saying a certain block on memory can't be "read." I believe this is ATI driver problems, for some others with ATI cards are having this problem as well. When the HELL will ATI get some decent drivers released. They can't even play their own freaking game! I need an Nvidia so bad. :(

have you tried memtest just to make sure that perhaps your RAM isnt crapping out on you?

Yeah but he shouldn't have to lower his memory timings to fix the problem. Then what would be the point of high performance memory if you just gotta loosen it up?

LOL I had to loosen my XMS memory and it was directly affecting gameplay.

The only problem I encountered was in HL2, doom, BF1942, all worked fine but HL2.

yeah but like I said that kind of defeats the purpose of good RAM. Assuming it's the RAMs fault you shouldn't have to underclock it to valueRAM speeds (which basically changing 2-2-2-5 to even 2-3-3-5 pretty much is) which is basically like paying $100 more for something not functioning like it should

So is it a VRAM error or a RAM error which is the problem?

He shouldn't have to loosen timings unless his RAM is starting to go on him, which as mentioned, defeats the purpose of buying the lower latency RAM. You can try upping the DIMM voltage and see if that resolves any instability problems. Also run metest86+ just to be certain you don't have any bad sectors.

VRAM I don't really know what to say.

Jesus beedubya! you are having so many problems with your X800. mabye next time it will just die and you'll have to buy an Nvidia card.

You were right Alex, I raised my timings to 2-3-3-6, and it works. 2-3-2-6 crashes though for some reason. I dunno why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom