Hi, I'm a Mac... Hi, I don't care....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe me, if 95% of the world's computer owners had Mac's, there would be thousands of viruses for Mac's also.

haha almost forgot, he thinks that even if apple had owned 95% of the market share for the last 10 - 15 years(like MS has) macs still wouldnt have viruses becaue macs just dont get viruses

i seriuosly have to laugh at that kid.

talldude123 said:
PC's have come a long way; from powering businesses to having a billion-dollar operating system.

Mac's are so expensive, you only see major graphic artists using them, and even the Mac Mini's are kind of pricey for what you get, a white box with an Intel motherboard :p

What? At least its not a Dell, which is a grey box with a Dell motherboard.

Mac's havn't been underpowered and overpriced since the '90s.

The $899 iMac is a good deal.

Try finding a "PC" laptop with 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 15.4" screen, x1600 for under $2500.

If you can even find one.

The General said:
Mac's havn't been underpowered and overpriced since the '90s.

Try finding a "PC" laptop with 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 15.4" screen, x1600 for under $2500.

If you can even find one.

The last time i used a Macintosh was a PowerMac from 1996. It was gutless...

I'm sure AMD offers a processor similar to Core Duo, and a 17" LCD starts at $200. Video cards are pretty pricey though.

Lol, have you seen the "Post your fastest SuperPI times" thread in the overclocking section?

Uber overclocked Opterons can't handle the Core Duo. I have second place. Lemme find the link.

Here it is:

superpipic50fb.jpg

That's impressive :D

*What's even more impressive is that Shumway got the 29'th spot with a Sempron 2600...it must be UBER overclocked :p*

Good post, General. You made some excellent points.

I still wouldn't buy a Mac, though. It's just the sheer principle of the matter.

Believe me, I'm no Windows fanboy. I despise Microsoft and their strongarm tactics. But Windows is what I use, good or bad. I like being able to click, download, and use anything I want from anywhere I want.

True, the only reason I can do this is because Windows has an ungodly saturation of the world market... but that can be used as a good thing.

I guess it's the whole 'elitist' attitude of Apple that gets under my skin. I can take a lot of things in stride... but being looked down on because I'm not in the 'inner circle' ain't one of them. Never have, never will.

Meh, that's just me, I guess.

By all means, use what you like. But lots of Windows fanboys have these anti-Mac blind folds on, and they are missing out on a lot of really cool stuff...

BTW, I'm typing this from Windows Vista :p

This is a huge improvement from those ugly blue title bars. :D

hrmm.. i'm a semi user of mac, every once in a while i have to pic it up at work. its a bit confusing for me only because i have not read up on it or anything.. but osx is not bad in anyway. i must say.. it launches adobe products alot faster than windows

and on a serperate i've tried installing the windows vista (beta) on my comp.. but i can't figure out how to image the cd so i could boot on load up.. so i was out of luck there..... but i really do want to try it.. set it up on a seperate partition...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom