Hey guys, friend of mine needs help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylertherobot

In Runtime
Hey guys.

A friend of mine recently bought a computer, well he's having problems wiht the power supply.

Everytime he shuts down, it'll shut completely down and about 5 seconds later it will boot itself back up.

Any idea what the problem could be?

he mentioned some wires touching when he was moving stuff around, but I've never had this type of problem before even in computers I built for people.

Thanks!

Check to make sure all the power supply cables are plugged in firm and that the ones that arnt being used arnt touching any metal objects and that they are secured. I cant really say I have ever heard of a computer booting itself back on after being shut down, but first just check that everything is where its supposed to be.

could be a setting in cmos in power options for wakeup turning it on. You might also want to check the power settings in windows to make sure that they are not waking the computer after the computer shuts down.

make sure its not grounding to the case and disable any power management, I've seen computers do a restart instead of a shutdown... but not completely turn off and be off for 5 seconds and then power back on. so check the power management, also if he has wake on LAN or ring, disable that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom