Hey, Graphic card help

Status
Not open for further replies.

RxLife

Baseband Member
Whats up?

Im new so I just wanted to say whats up....

Secondly,

My brother baught a custom built rig for his gaming needs....Hes running a venice amd 64 3000, 1gb ram, Chaintech K8T800 (Via K8T800 Chipset, 160 gb hd, Xp

Rough description of his specs...
Hes only 12 so he doesnt need a powerful machine..

Recently, The games he has been playing run shitty...Things are invisible and flicker throughout the screen..Artifacts at some points...

He has a 9800 Pro Se Sapphire card...

Do you guys think there is something wrong with the card...
I updated latest driver..inclunding all card drivers..

If so, I m looking for the best replacement I can get for under $200..

Thanks in advance

Artifacts, that is a sign of OC'ing, did you buy it refurbed? Did that is a faulty ass card, take it back and get a damn 6600GT.

I'm not sure about the problem, but as for the replacement; GeForce 6600GT is ~$150 right now. Its as good as, if not better than, the 9800 Pro SE. Don't hurry off to buy it right now, though. Also, I think the 6800 (not GT or Ultra) is just below $200, not sure though.

EDIT: I just read Counter-Strike's post, lol. In this case, I suppose you should hurry off to buy one of those, lol.

Yea it worked fine for about a month or so...

He played BF2 with no problems except for the occasional lag

HL2,CS:S, Far Cry on all high settings....

All of the sudden it goes crazy..While in game things start flickering...Walls disappear and reappear.... If he moves around things flicker around and then are invisble...Pink and Purple checkered colors...

I took the card out and put it back in so i know its installed properly

Flanker said:
Video Card problems. Something is wrong with it, even if you installed it properly.

I assume you say the checkers in CS:S?

Yes only on one map did i see this myself... All of the other maps work and look beautiful..At least I think so....

All of the sudden it went crazy...
On all games ...Including Call of duty or Day of defeat..Im not sure which one he plays through steam...

I have 4 fans installed and it runs in the mid 70's..I checked the heatsink on the card and its working as well...

I only saw the checkers on one map so I doubt it..

Counter-Strike said:
What about drivers? Are they up to date? By that I mean Catalyst 5.6-5.7?

Im using the omega drivers.....

Im not a big fan of catalyst

DUDE OMG that is a level. I forgot all about it, but can't remember the name of it. LMAO there is nothing wrong with it then if that is the only issue. It's pink and purple and black checkers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom