HELP! XFX GEFORCE 6800 Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehsan20_2000

Solid State Member
hey guys and gals,

My friend wants to buy a 6800 ultra but we have been reading reviews that it runs at 450/1200... and also reviews that it runs at 425/1100 and also reviews that say it runs at 400/1100.. can any of you help.. cus i havent got a clue which is the true value!!! does any one own one.. and if so how much can you overclock it.. the fastest iv seen is 472/1210 using stock cooling but that was on a sample board.. any ideas ppl?

Thanx

:)

take a look in the overclocking section of these forums there is a post which will answer your question to a certain degree there

The frequencies vary between video card manufacturers. They select the frequencies (stock) that perform with the most stability for their configuration.

Thanx for the help guys however hexus.net is one of the websites that says there cards do certain clock speeds (this is the overclocking thing u told me to check) that retail cards may not do. Does no one actually own one of these cards? cus he wants to know whether to spend the extra cash or not.. thank you :)

lol.. u all got me confused.. overclocking is not a problem.. all im concerned about is its standard clock speeds... i.e all other manufacturors ship 6800 ultras at 400/1100.. but apparently xfx cards are shipped at a "minimum" of 425/1100.. i know the GDDR3 memory they use is samsung 600mhz so its been underclocked and can easily run at 1200 without any problem however its the core clock frequency thats got me confused.as xfx dont tell you what it is on their own website!!!

well, i would say get the highest clock speeds you can find. i would try to find a 425 core speed with 1ghz DDR3 speed. if you cannot find those speeds just overclock a slower card. it's all up to you and what you are willing to do (or your friend for that matter). i think that 425 core speed is wicked fast, and I've heard that faster memory has a better performence gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom