help will be appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

homerj14

In Runtime
hey guys i got this Speaker in my room its got a built in amp and subwoofer inside of it already all i do is need to connect using the RCA cable so is it possible to connect that speaker and play directly from the computer rather than buring cds and putting them to my cd player and bumping them through the speaker..

http://topdjgear.com/gem-gsp-15.html

^ link to the speaker

use a miniplug to rca cable (the mini plug side plugs into the back of your comp and the rca cable plugs into your amp).

Edit: in case you don't know, a miniplug is the same as a headphone jack.

Heyyo,

Ah, so it has a built in amp? then it should be fine man. Like freak said, just get an adapter that'll do 1/4th female to 1/8th male/female. If you can get the one that goes to 1/8th female, that way you can just run a 1/8th male both ends cable from the adpater to your computer which will help to not crowd the back of your computer. I used to use a stereo 2 female RCA plugs to single 18th male adapter for my speakers but they had no amp so that sucked. So I just bought some random half-decent amp, and then I was pleased as the volume was loud. :)

heh, your miniplug thing confused me for a sec, never heard that term, I'm used to 1/8th jack or plug. :p

Is the input stereo or mono? i.e. your power amp is stereo out or mono? Bye the way: headphone jacks can be XLR, 1/4", RCA and 1/8". headphone jack describes the input line for headphones and had nothing to do with the caliber of the jack itself. You guys crack me up! (in a + way!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom