Help with VOIP Project - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 05-18-2011, 02:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Help with VOIP Project

I am a Network admin student and in my Convergence class we were given a project last night .. we have to set up a working voip..the parts consist of spa9000, spa400 srw2008, 1 ip phone and a pots phone. we had 2 hours last night and we get 4 hours next tues day to complete it (have to call from pots to ip phone and vice versa) and the next class it is graded (30% of my total grade), I am the most experienced on our team (3 of us) i am about 80% completed in the course and the others are new and have no knowedge. last night i hooked everything up and was able to telnet and log in thriough the web interface of the switch but cannot get the two spa's to recognize. I also have to admit i feel a lil lost not being able to use the standard CLI of the Cisco IOS. is there any advice you can give me .. granted I know you will probably need more infothan what I gave so feel free to ask me what you need.

Old 05-18-2011, 03:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster
Default Re: Help with VOIP Project

Sorry, we can not do your homework for you.

Tech-Forums is here for informative purposes only. We are not here to help bypass, or otherwise negate, security or any other measures put in place by a Employer, School or Parent. We are not here to do your school work for you either. We will help explain results or help you to find information to get results but we will not flat out give answers to homework or school work questions. School is for learning. Getting the answers handed to you is not going to help anyone in the end. Any topic of such matter will be instantly closed.

__________________ Steam Account
Old 05-19-2011, 09:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Re: Help with VOIP Project

I am not asking for someone to do my work only guidance (as it is clearly stated in my post), basically I would like advice on how to configure these items. I am used to the standard CLI and am having hard time figuring out the web based gui on the switch. Never did I ask for someone to do my work nor was it ever implied I suggest you get your facts straight (and read what is clearly posted!)before accusing someone.
Closed Thread