Help with vista serial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricB

Chillin Techie
I had a guy who bought his computer to me because of viruses. now he just bought this laptop in the summer last year. I can't read the serial on the back. how should I solve this issue? how come the old stickers that windows use to use, would last forever, yet these new serial stickers can't even seem to last a year?

his computer was so virus up that I couldn't access anything. I eventually use magic jelly bean off of a bart pe disc to recover the serial. but that isn't the point. What's ms going to do when everybody's win 7 serial deteriorates

Cry? I don't know, its a valid question especially since most computers don't come with any install media, just a sticker and a recovery partition.

I've run into multiple issues like that, and i had to use Belarc Advisor to get the serial before formatting.

Well technically if the user Registers the PC with Microsoft, meaning Registers Windows, then Microsoft can do something for them. As they will have information in regards to the serial in use and other information about that person.

The best thing to do, either A.) contact Microsoft to see how you can activate or B.) install without a serial (Since you can use Vista up to 120 Days) until you contact Microsoft.

I personally think that they should put the old stickers back. the serial will be on them forever. i mean this is ridiculous

I see what you mean; I've had my netbook for about six months and the Vista serial it came with (not that I use it) is illegible now.

Right now I am on a 9 year old laptop with win2K and a sticker that is still as clear as the day it was purchased.

Perhaps a new marketing idea? :lol:

Lol, probably. I just looked at the sticker and the only bit worn away is the serial, can still see the barcode, MS logo and "not to be sold separately" bit :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom