Help with video problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RochNY91TSI

Beta member
Hi all... I'm new here but thought I could get some help.

I just got a pc put together with the following relevant specs:

Athlon XP 2200
512mb PC2700
Soyo Dragon KT333 Mobo
Geforce MX 5200 256mb

Problem is this, before installing the via 4 in 1 drivers, I can play movies in windows media player. After installing the driver I can't play any movies with hardware acceloration turned on -->I have to disable Direct3d. If I don't, the movie won't ever play and the processor spikes at 100% utilization.

I have directX 9 and the newest Nvidia drivers.

Anyone ever run into this problem or have a fix for it??

Thanks,
Scott

no idea, but it wouldn't really be a problem if you don't have direct3D, if it's a movie then it's all pre-recorded and you wouldn't need it

if happens in games too then it could be a problem

i have run into a similar problem. my mobo is the kt400 lite, esentially they are the same motherboard with the kt400 having a few speed improvements over kt333. my video is geforce4 mx 440, i think you meant that you have the geforce FX? before i upgraded directX9 and the nvidia drivers i had no problems. my fix was to use the older drivers. you have no choice if you have the FX card, there are no older drivers for you to use because FX cards are new. it could also be a problem with the mobo and video card incompatability. sounds to me though you already have 2 fixes for your problem although they are not optimal, hey at least it works. sorry i cant be of more help to you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom