Help! Video card on acid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draconis

Beta member
I am using a Radeon 9000 mobile video card on my dell inspiron 8200 laptop running XP pro. Just recently I've been getting strange artifacting from black boxes on icons to colored lines on the screen that makes it impossible to view anything (see below).
desktop.jpg

I was using an Omega video driver before and it worked fine for a few months until now. I've uninstalled the driver and reinstall my original dell video driver with still the same problem. In fact, I get these artifacts even when I have the VGA drivers installed.

I've ran dxdiag and tested for DirectDraw and Direct3D and it passed fine although the lines were still there when the tests were running.

The strange thing is, these artifacts are not constantly on the screen. Most of the times when I run firefox or word there is no artifacting except of a black bar around my mouse pointer. When I run a game however, like Dungeon Siege, well I'll let the picture speak for itself:
games.jpg

Any helpful advice on how to get my video card off its acid trip will be greatly appreciated! Thanks for taking the time to read this.

yeah, id say its been fried and the GPU is suffering from heat strees.

How you tried the latest ati drivers and not the dell ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom