Help with video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fgreco

Baseband Member
Hi, I turned off integrated graphics so I can use my nvidea g-force card. I then put the card in and loaded software. I started to notice that the computer would freeze a lot. I took it out and deleated it so now the computer seems to be ok. I did something in windows to disable the integrated graphics but, now I want them back. I went into bios and fixed that but, I did something in windows , so i need to get back to that window but, dont know where it is cause I forgot. Anyone know how I can download my card successfully or know how to enable integrated graphics. thanks to all in advace it is a great help and all your posts will be greatly appreciated.

By the way my name is frank I am new to these forums.

First of all, why do you need integrated graphics?

You need to reinstall the drivers for integrated graphics.

You never need to reinstall windows when installing new graphics cards! Who the heck told you that? Dumb.

Integrated (Onboard Graphics) have their own set of drivers that are usually preinstalled or you install them from the disc that comes with a MOBO. When installing a (Video CARD) you should uninstall those (integrated graphics drivers) FIRST. Reboot to BIOS. Disable (Onboard Video) then shut down PC. Open her up and install new videocard.

Reboot to OS. Install new Video Cards drivers, Restart system... And away you go!!

How do I unistall the integrated graphics drivers. also in future reference where can I download them thanks.

It gives me options about video but, they are agp/onboard or pci. that is all. and the default setting is pci.

You might have disabled it in Device Manager. I had to do that once so I could Install a different card instead of the onboard video.

FYI Some of the emachines I worked with would not let you disable the video card in the cmos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom