Help. sound problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

the0ctagon

Solid State Member
I am having serious problems with the sound on my laptop. After listening to no more than 5 minutes of music or watching a video, my sound wil stop working. It simply cuts out and every once in a while I hear a fuzzy distorted sound. Once my sound goes I have to restart my computer for it to work again. When the sound goes, other problems often arrise. My web browser may freeze momentarily or my mouse will freeze. I've noticed that this problem occurs more rapidly when I am using multiple programs at the same time (webbrowser + aim + windows media player for example). My computer is new. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix this annoying problem?

prolly not enough resources or loose cable with the speakers?? but that wouldnt explain the browser freeze.... so im going with not enouhg recources

After you turn on your laptop, open the task manager to see what your CPU Usage and PF Usage are doing as you start having problems. Like Static_11 said, you might be having resource problems.

Other things that might cause such a thing include viruses (or virii?) so make sure you are doing scans with an up-to-date scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom