Help Question on Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jace Da Ace

Baseband Member
I going out this weekend to buy a new video card because at the moment I have a on board video card. The card is a ATi Radeon 9100IGP and I was wondering if had to take it off the mother board or could I just disable it through bios or divice manager. Someone told me the I had to take it off but looking at the card there is no screws holding it down so i dont think I can take it off. The new card is going into the AGP solt if thats any help at all.

PS Any help will be great :D

Yea, just disable it in the BIOS. Set it to detect AGP only.
Setting it to AGP is only half the process. You still need to go under a 'Onboard Peripherals' section and disable 'Onboard VGA' or 'Onboard video' or 'Onboard graphics' something of that nature.

EDIT: BTW if you have onboard video and had been using it then it's probably already set to AGP by default, but you still need to disable it. There is no such thing as 'removing' the onboard video so tell your friend who told you that to do his homework. You just gotta disable its use and put in your new card.

Nubius is correct.

If you do not wish to disable it through the BIOS, you can physically disable it with the appropriate jumper (varies between motherboards).

BIOS disability will do the work, even if u dont, and install the AGP card into slot, that will work for you as well, but it may bring danger of driver conflict.

btw, who told you that you'll have to unscrew it out? as if that person telling u that thing have same board, try on his, as if it'll work, let me know as well. HAHAHA.

and install the AGP card into slot, that will work for you as well, but it may bring danger of driver conflict.

Nah don't tell him that, bad practices. Don't just put in your card without disabling that other stuff first. You're just gonna look to get yourself some errors and trouble with that.

I have tried this once, and worked fine. may be the board i'm testing on was stable enough (was a bad manufacturer though) its generally NOT RECOMMENDED, but as if u have no other choice, you can do it. ~( on ur risk :) )

Nubius said:
Setting it to AGP is only half the process. You still need to go under a 'Onboard Peripherals' section and disable 'Onboard VGA' or 'Onboard video' or 'Onboard graphics' something of that nature.

Thats what he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom