help problems after rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blkchevyz

Solid State Member
just bought a gigabyte ga-7vt600 motherboard, amd 3200 xp processor, 400ddr 512 ram and i cant get the damn thing to run right.

first problem the monitor would shut off during boot up. read the manual and figured my ati 2/4x agp card was causing the problem. they manual wants an 8x card. so i went out and bought a new video card. had the same problem and started to think it was just a windows driver problem... i could get it to boot in safe mode, so i went in and removed all the devices from device manager... reboot, and re installed the driver. still freeze after a few minutes. so i pulled a hard driver out of another computer formated it and started from scrach with windows 2000... but i cant even get it to finish the install before it get a stop error.

i've tried 3 different graphics cards, two different ram sticks, and i'm on my second motherboard. from the process of elimination it should be the processor... but its going to be hard to get a new one of those. any ideas?

Might try to update Graphics drivers or Mobo drivers. Have you tried a different monitor? I've had this problem at work and it was with the refresh rate but I was able to get to windows with no problem.

i cant keep it up long enought to really get any drivers installed.

i read somewhere that some k6 boards had some compatiablity problems with windows 2000... i have a k7 board but who knows.
i'm going to try and re installed 98 and see what happens.

the processor is the only thing i havent tried...
i did that mail order so i'm going to have fun tring to get someone to swap it for a new one.:mad:

well i'm just going to go pick up a cheap 2600 processor for now. its going to take forever to get this one exchanged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom