Help, power supply burned out

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinslayer

Baseband Member
This morning my comp suddenly just shut off and wouldn't turn back on, I then noticed when pulling it out the power supply was extremely hot. I thought I had heard the fan struggling the last few weeks and I guess that it just broke finally. It's a 350 watt one and I plan a ton of online games for long periods of time and I guess that could be the reason.

I am going out to get a new one after work, will this work:
http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=295942&pfp=cat3
it's only $80 and a 400watt, will that support my games and stuff without blowing out? I really don't have much to spend on this but need one quick.

You dont need PCP&C power supply's, even though they are great

That antec is a good PSU, but is overpriced. You can get 480 watt thermaltake's from newegg.com which are pretty good.

And if you want to test the PSU
atx.JPG

Hm, yeah newegg would be my first choice if I had time but I sort of would like to have this working again tonight :-/ I can pay a bit over price for having it in my hands today I suppose.

Why doesn't he need PCP&P chris? The link i gave him is cheaper then the one he linked and it's like 10 times better. THe shipping might cost him due to the weight, but I rather have an extremely reliable PSU then spend $80 on an antec or thermaltake.

kinslayer said:
Hm, yeah newegg would be my first choice if I had time but I sort of would like to have this working again tonight :-/ I can pay a bit over price for having it in my hands today I suppose.

I put these in a lot of my custom builds. They are fantastic and PCP&P customer service is great and if you contact them, they can give you faster shipping options.

Or do whatever you want.

I think with overnight shipping this would be more expensive than compusa. Aren't the ones there good for the price? I could go to a best buy too but I think they charge even more.
http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=316281&pfp=SEARCH this doesn't seem bad, but then, I don't know anything about powersupplies. I don't need any bleeding edge tech, just something that will function for a long time for my games and not break my bank.

Mad Dog is a no name brand, stay away

Well, most PCP&C's are insane prices, this one is actually sane.

Rated alot different than other PSU's, 410 watts on a PCP&C is industrial rating, not soem BS chiniese crap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom