help with power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

angrysamoanes

Solid State Member
I am building my first system, and I have a 350 watt power supply installed. I installed a couple case fans, and then hooked up the power to my power supply. These are the only parts i have at this point and I ant to make sure everything works. When I turn on the power nothing happens. Can i even do that?
Thanks for any help you can offer.

I don't think that the fans will work with just the power supply plugged in and turned on.

It is my guess that the motherboard has some controll over the fans. -- You power up the computer(motherboard) and the motherboard, sensing that it is on, allows the accessories to be powered.

It is my opinion that you should be more concerned with the function of the motherboard, drives, video card, etc. Forget about the fans, they should be the last thing on your "worry about" list.

hope i didn't sound too offensive. Fans are important, but get the system built and then check fan operation. :)

It wasn't offensive, thanks for the help. But im not getting any new part until next week so I was a little worried that the stuff i just bought didn't work. I feel better now though. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom