Seeing as I don't know a lot about computers,I'll go throuhg it like this. If it's no help, I'll have another go.
1. Put my DVD in.
2. When 2CD Drive (D
, comes up I click 'X', simply because, when I used to burn CD's, WinAMP didn't show, up so I clicked 'X'. then clicked my desktop shortcut. Suppose it's stuck from there lol.
3. Double click 'Nero StartSmart'.
4. Quite a small box opens, which basically asks what you want to do.
Make Data CD
Make Data DVD
Make Audio CD
Make Video CD
At the top of the little box, there is also 'Data', 'Audio', 'Photo And Video', 'Copy And Backup', and 'Extras'.
I usually clicked on 'Photo and Video', and then Make A Super Video CD.
5. This loads up another seperate window, which has 3 columns. On the left , is basically what you are going to be burning, the middle is the file browser, and the right, opens that folder for you to choose the file.
6. I find my .avi file, from the right column, and drag it into the left column.
7. A window opens, which says my .avi file, is being added.
8. I highlight the file, by clicking on it, and then click "Burns The Current Compliation", at the top.
9. Another window opens saying
Determine Maximum Speed" (Box Unchecked)
Simulation (Box Unchecked)
Write (Box Checked)
Finalize CD (No Further Writing Possible!)
Write Speed: Maximum
Write Method: Disk At Once
Number Of Copies: 1
(Also at the top, there is other tabs, that say "Video CD", "Menu", "ISO", "Label", "Dates", "Misc", and of course "Burn")
I then click Burn (Not a tab, but an action, to start burning)
From there it burns the file, the DVD comes out, and I then get the error message just like before.
Hopefully this will help more. Please reply if you need anything else.