help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetstangchic

Beta member
i just bought a new dvd burner and its all messed up i guess or it is me. Normally im a big nerd but this time i just cant do it. At first it wouldnt read a disc. It would open then i would close it and then it would open again. So i unplugged it and plugged it back in and it work. Then when i tried burning a dvd disc it wouldnt let me. I go to my computer and it says its a cd drive not a dvd rw like it said yesterday. I went into bios and everything was good. Please help i dont know what to do. I hope someone can help thanks so much!!!!

Send it back for another one. I don't know too much about drives but if mine was screwy like that i'd just assume a manufacturer defect and send it back.

Sometimes drives are too old and your motherboard doesn't recognize them too I guess... at least that was what happened when I took the OLD CD drive out of my other computer. Anyway, I doubt that is what your problem is, so I'd say drivers, but then again, it is a DVD drive and it should be fine... ya know... come to think of it, I don't even know why I am posting this, because in this last sentence, I am just going to repeat tigerfootball05... send it back for another one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom