HELP please

Status
Not open for further replies.

24giovanni

Banned
I am too dumb to figure this on my own. I am not familiar with bing or any other thing. I am trying to set up a dual boot system. I have Nt loaded on a system with no internet acces and want to put win 2000 server on the same system. NT does not accept my NIC card for whatever reason. Can I please get some detailed step by step on help on what I need to do. Please explain it like you would to a 5 year old. I appreciate any help.

a nic has nothing to do with a dual boot. you just need 2 partitions, install nt on c:\ and 2000 server on d:\

ok...thats fine. could you possible guide me through on how to do this. I would appreciate it like you never heard of

Ok I have a primary partition and a secondary partition and no OS now what do I need to do please?

Can someone find it in there heart to help me out. I am really begging here.

insert 1st os disc and install as usual to c: drive

after your done insert 2nd os cd and select drive d: and install as usual and your done

when you go to boot you will see a dos screen where you can select which of the 2 OS you want to install.

no prob, dont worry its not hard at all. any other probs or questions ill be happy to answer.

I need two primary partitions how do I do that, I have one but how do I do another? I tried a pri and secondary but that won't work. Someone suggested using bing but I am not familiar with that. What should i do now, please?

you can try putting 2000 on first and then nt.

but what does it do when you go to install the next os on the other partition?

what did you use to make your partitions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom