Yup Yup...roger that.
Anyhow, if anybody ever comes across this thread for clearing the CMOS on an ASUS A7N8X (not delux)...the general steps are just a tad different than what I posted above...
The correct method to clear the CMOS and reset the bios is to:
- Unplug power cord.
- Find and take out mobo battery.
- Change the jumper setting on the mobo right next to the battery to the last 2 pins instead of the first 2 pins.
- Wait 10 seconds or so.
- Change jumper setting back to original position.
- Put the mobo battery back in.
- Plug in the pc again and turn on.
- Boot into the bios and make necessary changes.
Well, I doubt I will try to OC again. I don't think I have the cooling necessary to keep the machine stable for long periods of time OC'd anyhow. No harm, no foul...