Help!! No Beeping!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CassiusBlack

Solid State Member
In my quest to build my pc i've come up to yet another problem. It doesn't beep. It doesn't give a signal to my monitor either. It does turn on, lights are on the mobo and cards. The fans are going. But there are no beeping on use and there is no picture...anyone know what the hell is going on?

the "beep" is the pc speaker. You dont really need the pc speaker, but the "beep" sound is the computer turning on the "num lock". I think your video chipset/card may be broken. I would get a new video card...The fans are going because there is electricity going to them meaning the computer is running.

talldude123 said:
the "beep" is the pc speaker. You dont really need the pc speaker, but the "beep" sound is the computer turning on the "num lock". I think your video chipset/card may be broken. I would get a new video card...The fans are going because there is electricity going to them meaning the computer is running.

He said there was no beep. You do need the Internal Speaker, its an important component when figureing out a problem. How did you come to the conclusion that the video is currupt?

Take the motherboard out of case, dissconnect everything but CPU, RAM and Video card, Make sure motherboard is ontop of a table, like hardwood, do not put anything under it.

Then try booting. Inform us of anythign that happens.

have you made sure that you have pluged the speaker into the right socket on the motherboard ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom