help with an nforce2 chipset

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan_parrrp

Beta member
Hiya,I'm new here, hello, I'm getting quite stressed at the moment having spent more than all of my money on a lovely NVIDIA K7N2G Motherboard with onboard Geforce4, and a nAMD ATHLON XP2500,and as soon as I try to use the graphics card to do something other than standard windows business my system crashes, or restarts or displays various blue screen messages, I'm currently using Windows ME. The NVIDIA website told me the onboard graphics may not work too well with some types of RAM with the standard BIOS settings, it said to refer to the website of the Manufacturors of the RAM to see what memory timings etc would best be compatible with the NVIDIA NForce2 K7N2G-L. My RAM is Infineon 512MB SDRAM DDR 400, and I just want my PC to work, I'm gonna cry soon I'm sure, the Infineon website just doesn't mention anything anywhere at all to tell me the right memory timings or anything like that, which the NVIDIA website told me I may have problems with, I don't suppose anyone could help could they, it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks alot for the reply, it's really nice that someone wants to help, er, yeah, ME may be going, meant to get an XP disc today from somewhere, but forgot, I've tried many of your suggestions already unfortunately, upping the voltage didn't seem to work, nor did using the 'optimal' setting on the BIOS, moving down the timings seems to have had very little effect also, and I've tried nearly every different possible combination with the AGP aprature size. No luck in most areas really, :S, PSU is a 350W, balls, spending more money is already quite hard, on quite a tight budget, in fact I've allready gone over budget, I'm a poor 17 year old *insert sympathy here*. I tried my setup with somebody elses RAM today, 2 256MB sticks, Samsung I think they were, they worked fine, and ran Max Payne 2 and stuff, damnit, not sure if that made me feel much better, at least it narrows it down. The person who I got my RAM off said he would swap it for another make, any recommendations?

If you are on a tight budget (aka "broke")

You will be able to run the board on PIIceon ram,, quite decently,,

Corsair, and Mushkin and all the "good" stuff is muchos $$$$$

Even if you could get Kingston Ram,, that is a step in the right direction

cheers,

Thanks, I'm gonna see what I can do tonight,will get new RAM, do you know if a Geforce4 is compatible with DirectX 9? A guy at a computer shop said it probably wouldn't be, with the technology of the Geforce4 being a year old now, it puzzled me a little, I thought Microsoft would allow for that sorta thing, or am I missing the point somewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom