HELP! New motherboard shutting down.
I just bought a new ASROCK mobo (sorry, I don't have the model # handy) and Celeron 2.4 Ghz CPU. The store I bought it from had installed the CPU for me and apparantly tested it. So I thought it was all ready to go. When I got it home I quickly put it in my computer. (I was rather excited). But it wouldn't turn on. I changed the jumper setting from +5VSB to +5V and it turned on. It wouldn't load Windows though, so I figured I'll just start over and reinstall Windows. The windows cd booted up and I was about to format the HD when the whole system just shut down. Now I did smell a bit of a burning smell while the computer was running ( a whole 3 minutes or so) but I figured, new motherboard and all, that was probably normal. Anyway, the computer would not turn back on after this happened, no matter what I did. All that would happen is the fan would jump like it got power for a tenth of a second. At first I had thought that the CPU ad overheated and automatically shut down. But I hooked my old motherboard back up and all I got was a little fan jump when I turned it on... my power supply unit? (PSU)
A friend dropped off another PSU for me and I hooked it up and it worked! for about 3 minutes and then it shut down, the exact same thing. Its like the new mobo is frying my PSUs. Does anyone have an idea of whats going on? Im pretty sure both PSUs were around 300W. Could that be the problem? Do I need more wattage? I don't want to buy another PSU and wreck it like I wrecked these ones.
Thanks for any help.