HELP - New computer won't start up

Status
Not open for further replies.

mx416

Baseband Member
I just finished putting together my new computer and it wont start up. When it is plugged in, the light on the bottom of the mouse lights up, so that is getting power, when I press the power button, the cpu, and case fans start to spin for a split second and then stop but the computer never starts.

I checked the wires from the psu and all of them are connect fully and properly. I checked the wires from the power and reset switch, I have those in the right spots. I am using the stock 400W power supply that came with the case right now. I tried disconnecting some other things like second HD, floppy, etc to see if it would start just bare bones stuff, and it still did the same thing.

I'm really frustrated here, can someone offer some advise on what else might be wrong?

sounds like a psu problem to me, you obviously connected it up wrong, or either got a atx psu instead of the atx 2.0 (if you have a 'high-end' graphics card.

I may be wrong however.

sorry my mistake you said you did... I'm Thinking that there is a conflics with your PSU. You may need open the case and pull out everything and see where your problem lies by putting in one peice at a time and see if you get a full power cycle. I'd start by pulling out video, memory, NIC, uplugging cd roms etc just power, your floppy and a hard drive and see what you get

How do I know if it uses a 24 pin connector? There is a big plug with 20 wires going in and then a 4 prong one for the cpu. Both connectors fit perfect, they match up with the board just fine. The hard drives do not attempt to start

well problem solved. I tried the take everything apart and put it back together method and it works!!!!!!!!!!! now im in the process of installing all my programs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom