Help with my x800xl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vampire_Slayer

In Runtime
I need help, when I try to put my x800xl into my dfi nf4 ultra mobo it won't fit right. I can get it to slide in but I am having trouble getting the back where the metal plate is to be snug against the case therefore I cannot even fit a screw in. It looks like its just a little above and to the side of where its supposed to be. Ive tried applying pressure but it doesn't help any. I think it has something to do with the fan on the mobo. There is this little fan on the gpu on the mobo that the card hits when I try to put it in. I have tried both pci-e slots but none will work. The card also looks slightly bent, I blame the shipping because newegg put it in a box with the other stuff, and instead of coming in a case they just took the stuff out and sent it in bubble wrap crammed with everything else. Any suggestions on how I can get this to fit?

you can't just slide it in, you gotta use some force to push it in

if it breaks, then ship it back to newegg and tell them it was DOA/broke during shipping and blame it on them; newegg will immedaitely send you out a new one

I did use force, it goes most of the way in, and I am afraid to use too much pressure on it since I am already using quite a bit.

I know I'm treating you like a n00b but are you sure you have a PCI-E card and mobo.

Make sure your mobo is mounted correctly. If you installed the mobo, make sure the standoffs are all the way in. I had that problem. If they aren't, it will cause this problem. Nothing lines up right.

Well I got it lol.......Ended up going back and messing around a little bit more.....Sorry I put you guys through this, should have messed around some more.....Ok, I'm gonna plus in the cables and start her up :)

I don't want to make another thread, so before I start her up, if I take off the heatsink to check to see if the thermal compound is on right(this artic stuff makes you put a dab on it and let the heatsink spread it and mine was more of a mess) will I have to wash it off and put more on it? I heard you usually do this when you remove your fan.....

hey dont be ashamed.. i remember it took me about 30minutes to get my 56k modem in.. those things are a b1tch.. i bent it in half and had to bend it back and everything

You think that's embarrasing? It took me 2 whole days to put a sound card in my old PC. I was 12 years old. :(. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom