HELP my COMP wont POST - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 12-31-2004, 10:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
Super Techie
Default HELP my COMP wont POST

I just built my new comp last night. I have an asus A8N-sli deluxe. I have 2 corsair XMS 512 memory modules ( not in the Quality Vendor List), a western digital raptor, a floopy, a temporary pci video card (until my 2 gt's come in on tuesday) and a dvd drive connected. Power lights all come on, but the thing wont post. I get nothing. I have disconnected everything and tried to boot and listen for the beep but nothing happens. Is it the memory? Any suggestions would be great. Thank you.

Old 12-31-2004, 03:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Try taking out 1 of the memory sticks and post and if that doesn't work, take that one out and insert the other.

The only other (pain in the butt) suggestions is to take out each component piece by piece until it posts. I once installed a sound card but hooked it up incorrectly that prevented my pc from posting. I did not know until I took it out and tried to post...

Hope that helps!

Old 12-31-2004, 03:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Thread closed. You already posted this in the OC'ing section. It's one or the other, not both.

- Nubius
Closed Thread