Help with multi monitors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

highlander2

Beta member
Hi everyone, I hope you can help me out with this.

I'm trying to add 4 monitors to my PC (on top of the existing one) I have purchased a new graphics card nvidia geforce 8400 gs and have 2 montors running on this and I have a 3rd monitor running on a usb to vga adaptor.

my computer has one PCI express port which has the new graphics card in and 1 PCI (not express) port which is empty at the moment. What I want to know is can I buy a PCI card and fit it in this port to run the last two monitors? I have found a NVIDIA PCI card which I believe will fit (its a NVIDIA Geforce 9300 GS).
[h=1][/h]The 4 monitors I am trying to add are all 15 inch and they are only for viewing charts and spreadsheets on. I dont need it for gaming or viewing video etc.

So the question is can i buy this second card and be able run both cards at once?

Or could/should I buy 2 more USB to VGA adaptors?

Or neither?

My PC is a dell studio 540 bought about 2 years ago, 32-bit 4GB.

Thanks for the help.

Good question.

Being a dell it probably has a small power supply, so putting a 2nd gpu in it may not work due to not enough power.

Which adapters are you using? The evga one?

You could try the 9300, But I cant find any info on it on the net. Does it only have 1output?

Welcome to the forum.

Hi patonb thanks for the reply.

I should have stated that I am basically computer illiterate so may not understand what people say!

You ask which adapters I'm using Im afraid I don't know what you are referring to, is it the USB to VGA adapter?

I found the 9300 on amazon, I wont post a link in case im not meant to but ill try and attach a screen shot. I hope you can see it, I believe it will fit in the PCI slot, but not sure if it will work....

1316289100-clip-29kb.jpg
1316289100-clip-29kb.jpg

You can post link if youre able too. And ys the usb to video adapter.

That card can do 2 monitor. But whats the price? I couldnt find it on amazon, duh... Youre uk not com...

Nope still csan't find it.

Here it is- Nvidia Geforce 9300GS Videocard * 512MB DDR2 memory *: Amazon.co.uk: ElectronicsAnd here is the link to the adaptor i bought on ebay-

USB 2.0 to VGA Adapter Cable For Extra Monitor Screen | eBay

post came out wrong could not find out how to delete- ignore!

I also found this on dells community-5th post from the top the guy says that he contacted dell and said that the dell 540 studio cannot run 2 graphics cards.

Dual Video Cards in Studio 540 - Desktop Video Forum - Desktop - Dell Community

Hey I'm sorry I went to edit the post and some way got muddled up and made a new post by mistake, could not see how to delete it.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom