help with mp3 player. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 02:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default help with mp3 player.

Hello everyone, I have a creative nomad jukebox ( kind of the older version, it's about as big as a CD player, and it's blue and silver and is 6 gb I'm pretty sure). It has been working up until about 6 months ago , when I lost after I moved. Well, I recently found it in a unopened box, and want to start using it again. The only problem is when I turn it on, it shows the loading screen in the upper left hand corner, then the CREATIVE JUKEBOX graphic screen, and when I hear the harddrive starting up, it shows a message in a box that says " Critical Error, could not detect HDD (harddrive obviously) and then it says "shutting down", and I hear the harddrive shut down. I do not know what is wrong with it. I have all the software, adapter, batteries and everything. It used to work fine, but I do not know what is wrong now. If anyone could help me with this problem, it would be greatly appreciated, as I do not want to throw $300 away by buying a new iPod. Thank you very much for your replies!

Tony

Old 07-05-2005, 02:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Techie

Send a message via AIM to damasta55r

The hard drive could've been damaged in the move??? I dk, it may be a lost cause

damasta55r-Cnet forum Computing.net techist.com Computerhelpforum.org

ASPIRE ATXB4KLW-AL Antec 400W
ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe
AMD 3700+ San Diego
Corsair 1GB 2x512
eVGA 6600GT
250GB Hard Drive
Sound Blaster Audigy
Windows XP HOME W/SP2
Old 07-05-2005, 02:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

No i dont' think so, it was at the top, and it was wrapped in bubble wrap and really protected, it's not that, i'm almost 100% sure it didn't get damaged. I just don't know what is wrong with it. Anyone else care to help? Thank you very much for your reply though!

Tony
Old 07-05-2005, 02:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

It might damaged some chips or the hard drive itself because it was placed in unopened box.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie

No! that's not the problem. Well, if it was but it's not, how DO I FIX IT?! DOES ANYONE KNOW!? PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!

THANKS!

Tony
Old 07-05-2005, 03:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
Monster Techie

It might be the battery. I know that Lit ion batteries don't like it when they aren't used for a long time.
Old 07-05-2005, 04:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Is there a method to reset it, like by sticking a paper clip into a small hole or something on it? Try that, and format the hard drive if it's possible.

\'There is only one basic human right, and that is to do as you **** well please.
And with it comes the only basic human duty, to take the consequences.\'

Closed Thread