help with motherboard/harddrive

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeb

Beta member
i am currently buliding a computer and i bought a p4s00 Asus motherboard and a western digital Wd800 harddrive. when i finished putting it together, it worked perfectly for about a week. then sometimes it wouldn't boot at all.the fans would come on and the slave cd drive would spin non stop. i figured out if i switched the power supply off and then on then tried it again sometimes it would work..and if it didn't if i just left it for a while then tried it again it would work...sometimes. But now about a month later it nothing works. the fans come on and the slave cd won't stop spinning until i switch the power supply off. i did get it to start yesterday but it wouldn't reconize my hard disk until the 4th boot...then it said it was corrupt when i tried to format it. any ideas

Try a minimum install (1 stick of RAM, HDD CPU video card). If it still doesn't boot up, ensure that every cable and card is well seated on the MOBO. Can you enter your BIOS? You may want to reset its default setting. Check your manual for a jumper setting and procedure. Although since it is a new install, I would tend to say that it is probably just something lose. Do you have any beeps during unsuccesful boot up? Again check your manual for the meaning of beeps if it is the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom