Help me shop for a computer... please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

u4ic_fln

Baseband Member
Well as the subject states... Im shopping for a new computer and would like some help... Im going to build my own but this is my first attempt at doing so... Im hoping to spend around $1000 to get the components... I have an ATX case, 2 asus CD-R drives, speakers, and monitor already.... so that $1000 is pretty much going toward the guts of it... MoBo, CPU, Memory, Graphics Card, Power Supply... and i might be forgetting something so if i am... i need to get one of those too...

The main purpose of this computer is going to be recording and editing audio... I know that AMD outperforms Pentium chips for gaming, but what about something like this? also, because im going to be using the computer for audio recording, i would like to keep it quiet... might be interested in H2o cooling... but i dont know enough about it...

I do some gaming but im not too hardcore about it... i dont play a whole lot of 1st person shooters... im more of a guild wars type of guy... with that said i would still like decent performance if want to run a game at 1600x1200...

for my audio interface ive already decided to get this... (system requirements listed on the link)
http://www.emu.com/products/product.asp?product=2211&category=754&maincategory=754&nav=requ

Any help/advice would be appreciated...

thanks in advance... :)

oh yea... i bought some extra memory a while ago...... but i dont remember what it is... is there a way i can find out what kind of memory i am using without taking this computer apart?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom