Help me! (Ram based)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diabetic

Daemon Poster
Ok, so I recieved my new ram today, Corsair 2GB DDR XMS3200C2PT TwinX (2x1GB) (CAS2) something or other, 2048mb worth. Now, I was under the impression that for the £170+ i spent ($300ish) that I would get super low latency ram, yet CPU-Z is telling me its Cas 3.0 despite the fact that it should be 2.0, can someone tell me what is going on?

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/6006/wtf26kd.jpg
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3507/wtf18nj.jpg

My full spec:

AMD 64 3400 (socket 754)
128mb 6800 GT (AGP)
K8V T800 Pro mobo (socket 754)
2048mb PC3200 RAM

It's running at what the ram is telling the PC to run it at.

If you want, you can try lowering the timings on the ram manually in your bios. Remeber to reset the CMOS if your computer does not boot after this.

I tried to lower my CAS latency and stuff in the BIOS but for the life of me can't find anything to do with RAM. The most I've got is DIMM OverVoltage and and DIMM Clk Autodetect.

When selecting manual for DIMM Clk it doesn't let me pick CAS, Ras to Cas, etc. Just does... well, nothing.

Anyone with my mobo have any experience with RAM clocking?

Download and install A64 tweaker as this will allow you to manually adjust timings from Windows

Damned, well, i tried the program and tried to set the CAS to 2. But when I had done so the program seemingly froze so i left it for 15 mins and then came back to find the program still frozen. Reeboted, checked CAS, tried again. Gave it 15 mins again but sadly the program was still frozen.

Anything I have to do to prevent the freezing? Or do I need to leave it for hours or something?

But when I bought the RAM it cost me quite a lot of money h@r in the UK and specifically mentioned CAS 2.0

I don't expect to pay twice more than usual for RAM and then have the budget value latency of 3. Look at the name Corsair 2GB DDR XMS3200C2PT TwinX (2x1GB) (CAS2). Is this just false marketing?

Please help h@r, I really don't wanna send the RAM back.

Memory Timing

Here is a forum that talks about upping the voltage to your specific ram to get the memory working properly.

Here is another.

Hope it helps.
Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom