help me please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well my hd crashed awhile back then it worked for 3 days after i reformatted it and now every time i try to fix it it keeps rebootin. and ive changed the hd. its doin it on the new one.

Dust =)

it accumulates... parts heat up... then they go boom.

think of dust as the PC equiv of having a nice thick comfortor on.

i wonder if something went boom...and the heat sync is taht lil good looking metal piece that sticks out on the mb right

evan if it was just dust and i cleaned it and it still didnt work what would i need to replace if there was something that fried?

computer specs:

gigabyte p4 titan 848p

pentium 4 2.4

(sapphire) ati radoen 9600xt 256

512 pci 2700 ram

a crappy case with no case fan

If the compressed air doesn't work, the best thing to do would be to troubleshoot your other components one by one. This is a lot easier if you happen to have any spare parts laying around, or even if you have a second computer or know a friend or someone who has extra parts.

If you do, simply try substituting one part at a time until you find the problem.

thank you for your help dean. i went to a local computer store but they didnt have anything that i needed. so im gonna try another one. i would like to go find a can of air and maybe a case cooling fan cause i didnt have one in there. i think ill start by troubleshooting the graphics card first.

Canned air = walmart or any office supply store

Cooling fans = www.newegg.com

oh, and i just saw you were using the gigabyte p4 titan.. That motherboard has a history of problems. They usually work for 2 years and die, they were discontinued last year. 10$ says the boards bad, go buy a new one.

lol oh freakin my....hmm how much will a good board run me and what is the best to get? i need one for a p4 2.4 and a ati radeon 9600xt 256. if u can show me one that will support the stuff i have and the stuff that is out now that would be great because i am looking to slowly upgrade. thank you for your help senseless i really appreciate it!

Look for your socket number....and AGP graphics slot. And make sure your RAM's comptable...but mostly you'll need to worry about the socket number...most mobos out have an AGP card, unless you buy a super good one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom