help me please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gman112287

Solid State Member
hello,

my computer that i built about 2 years ago was working fine till about a month ago. windows seems to boot fine but as the windows loading screen (with the blue bar) seems to wanna go to the desktop it shutdowns and seems to go into like a standby mode. then it restarts and tries to boot to desktop again. but it just keeps doing it and doing it. i was wondering if there was one specific thing i had to do to fix it. i already switched the hard drive and reformated so it isnt that. i am beginning to think its eather the mother board or the processor. thank you for your time.

gman

Just get some compressed air in a can, and spray it on your heatsink, clean it good. If that doesn't work, use the Windows XP CD to recover. If that doesn't work, you're screwed and you need to reformat.

Cleaning your heatsink is a great idea

But even if it's clogged, your going to be able to boot most likely

You should clean out your system once every 3-6months.. Even in the cleanest environments you'd be suprised at how fast a system can collect dust.

i have already reformatted but, i havent cleaned the heat sink. i am just hoping it isnt my graphics card cause i heard of someone that had the same problem. if it is i guess i just have to get a new one. although i bought it from newegg but i dont think i have a warranty but idk. thank you for the help once again.

so what do i do? try the can of air first? could it be overheating? i wonder if i need more fans ive only got 3. i dont have a case fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom