Help me please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spanky

Beta member
I'm having issues with my dvd player...it's a Memorex 16x. It worked fine after it was installed and now it will read audio cd's but it will only spin dvd's. I'll click on the drive and it will say insert disk into drive D. I have disk in there you stupid thing!!! GRRR....I have Power Dvd and InterActual Player on there. Some help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

-kristin

With the DVD in instead of waiting for it to auto launch , execute
Power DVD and see if that works.Also try uninstalling The software and re-installing it.

I had a similar problem with a DVD player, it wasnt getting enough power as one of the power cables was being split between the dvd drive and the cd-rw. I gave it its own power lead and it worked fine. How many Watts is your power supply?

Tried it

Cappy, I tried that and everytime it keeps telling me to insert a disk when I all ready have one in it. I've tried using air in it to see if there is just some crap on the lens, but that's not it. So I think it'll be back on it's way to Best Buy so they can do the work since it is still under warranty.

Thanks for your suggestions though.

You could also check in device manager to see if its still being detected .Check the device properties and see if its working properly and the settings are correct as far as the proper drive letter .Check the manufacture for any firm ware upgrades that might address this issue .If all else fails take it to BB and shove it in there face hehe j/k :)

I went to the device manager and it says it's working properly. The drive as far as I've noticed has always been labeled as D. Under the Options in Device Manager it the only boxes checked are Auto Insert Notification and DMA. The Firmware is DSG2. That's all that seems like it could be a problem. I don't know...I'm ready to pull my hair out! It's the only dvd player that I have and all of my newer movies are only on dvd. So all else fails off to BB I go.

Well the last step is to uninstall all the DVD software .Then in device manager select remove the device.Then shutdown not restart.Turn the power off at the PS open the case and unplug the ribbon and power cables(If you have 2 optical drives such as a CD drive then reboot with the DVD unpluged after your fully booted shut down and reconect the DVD and reboot .Then reinstall everything).Check the ribbon cable at the MB socket to be sure its seated securely as well.Also is the Interactual Player a seperate program? If so dont reinstall it try it 1st with only Power DVD installed .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom