help me out, video card question

Status
Not open for further replies.
The X800 Pro sucks! DO NOT GET this card. The Radeon 9800 Pro actually does better in Far Cry and Doom 3 than the X800 Pro. I am on the last level of Doom 3 and its virtually unplayable because the framerate is so bad. And I am only running in on 1024x760 with 2x AA. I repent for have gotten this card myself, for it was a waste of $425. Get the 6800 GT.

beedubaya said:
The X800 Pro sucks! DO NOT GET this card. The Radeon 9800 Pro actually does better in Far Cry and Doom 3 than the X800 Pro. I am on the last level of Doom 3 and its virtually unplayable because the framerate is so bad. And I am only running in on 1024x760 with 2x AA. I repent for have gotten this card myself, for it was a waste of $425. Get the 6800 GT.

Thats your personal findings correct? Its hard to take your word over the ten's benchmark results that say otherwise:confused:

The Merlin said:
Thats your personal findings correct? Its hard to take your word over the ten's benchmark results that say otherwise:confused:

My benchmarks are high too. I got a 3DMark03 score of over 10,000, but when it comes to actualy gameplay, especaially in Far Cry and Doom 3, the framerate just sucks. If Far Cry i get an average framerate of 40FPS with it dipping into the teens sometimes. Thats with 1024x768, 2xAA, 8xAF, Very High settings. Doom 3 is a little better, but still choppy. I average about 35 in Doom 3, with it dipping down to like 20. I'm thinking it may be driver problems, but I'm not sure.

IMO, save ur money for x800Xt, i know it's still hundreds more, but u'll get the quality and performance you expect.

beedubaya said:

just cause you got a dud or your settings arent correct dose not mean that they all suck

yeah i agree with jacob77y. u guys can see the benchmarks on tomshardware.com or anandtech.com x800pro beats 9800 all the way up almost on every game they tested.

Bench marks are not everything. With 3DMark I get about 6,000. In Doom 3 I get 60 FPS (1024 res with AAx2) in high detail mode. If I were you I would buy the lower costing video card. Its not worth buying the top of the line video card expecially if you going to upgrade it in 6 months. Proformace is not all based on your video card so I see no reason in spending 400+ on it.

Just my $.02

yep, i said that in condition that there's no budget so can get all the best in time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom