Help me with this Hardware/software issues Please (its a long post, sorry).

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got to say that the people on this forum ROCK! This is by far the best forum I have ever been on. So many likeminded people. It is beautiful

From my experience, your gonna have to reformat the hd.
You start changing motherboards and cpus on proprietary os's and everything goes to hell.

You know your right. But I am not going to give up. I managed to get win2k onto the HD under the I386 folder. Now I am going to stop dells reign of terror on this hd. I will destroy the dell evil!

its very very very very very slowly installing. I ****ing butchered the system.ini and ironically I used msconfig too. It is slowly upgrading to win2k. Once I get to win2k status I am home free. So for the next person that has this problem. Butcher the system.ini add rem and ; to the front of everything and BE PATIENT. I think dell makes it so it stops every now and then for like 10 minutes so people will get frustrated and give up. Well **** YOU DELL. I'm owning your 98 OEM ASS. Omg when I was doing my research I came across this article about how dell power supplys fry non dell cpus and mobos. I had it installed and PLUGGED IN. But I heard this whirring noise then I remembered that p4 chips need more powerful procesors (thank god). I really feel like hitting someone that works for dell. Perhaps even skinning them. It is creating an upgrade report now and the bar is not moving but I can hear the HDD scanning so I think I am good. Man we should ban together and make a anti-dell os an OS where it finds dell OS's and destroys them. Bah. OMG OMGGGG OMGGGG its pretty close now man. Processing system files.... It took forerver to scan only the C:\windows folder and these god damn system files. Damn these dell mofos. Its like an inch or so away now. After this it is smoooth sailing. I got my mobo drivers all ready and shizz. Got a full list of all the rest of the drivers (CD ROM, ZIP, etc...) god damn i think it froze omg I swear. I am going to shoot myself in the face. Hell yeah it moved. OH HAPPY DAY I LOVE WINDOWS 2000 PRO. It was doing a program compatability wizard and ****ing it took forever because IT COULDNT FIND THE EVIL DELL MOBO WITH THE EVIL DELL BIOS. So now the dell POS EVIL files aren;t coming along for my gracious upgrade to win2k. Its copying fillles. gonna restart 6 times. Got nic card in the mobo drivers. dont have to worry bout a thinng. OOOOOoooooooo..

You may have said that I am a dreamer.....
But I'm not the only one....
I wish some dayyyy that you will join us...
And your OS will be dooooone...

Imagine no dell OEM
Its easy if you try....
No hardware malfunction below us....
Above us only sky.

Imagine all the people.

Living life wirhout DEEEEELlllll
O e m

You maaay say that Im a dreamer.....
But I am not the only one.....
People on google said it couldnt beee donnee.
But my ass beat this ooonnnneeeee... do do do do do do doooo

I
OWN
DELL'S
WIN98
OEM

Everyone said it could not be done. Here... on google.. Everyone who tried... FAILED. But I did not fail. YOu know I have worked on this one comp for almost 24 hours. I am charging the guy for 5 hours. It stopped being about the money when I couldnt get the motherboard in the dell case.... Its personal.

What a beautiful thing "Setup is deleting the existing windows installation" and now its at the speed it should be at. No more super lag like this is on a 500mhz cpu. Now we got the full 2.7 gigs of power along with the 512mb of hot sexy non dell ddr ram. In the time it took the dell os hd scan to go 1% the entire win2k installation is done. Oh baby. Now the win2k config is initializing... this is like a drea to me. OOOOOOOOOH YEAHHH THE WIN2k SPLASH SCREEN YEAAHHH. OOhh oh ooooooooooohhhhhhhh ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooooooooooh
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
NOOOO
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BLUE SCREEN of DEATH
anyway after like 2 hours of trying to get it to work I just said **** it and reinstalled win2k. ****. Well I still got the files (now converted to ntfs) God im lame

Dell files for win98 OEM
I made this list at the cost of a hd succeed my brothers where I have not :
all in win/drivers and win/sys32
isapnp.sys
dmload.sys
l_intl.nls
vgaoem.inf
mount.mdr
diskpref.sys
ftdisk.sys
pci.sys
fdc.sys
disk.sys
classpnp.sys
ndis.dll
biosinfo.inf = THIS IS THE ONE EDIT IT KILL IT KILL KJILLL KILLLLL

No offense, but I don't think I'll be taking any computers to you for repair :p You should have known that any company purchased computer like DELL or HP or anything like that, basically make it so you have to go to them if you want to upgrade. Beyond that, you can't just install new parts and expect windows to work, for the most part they suggest you fresh install anytime you add a new piece of major hardware muchless a new freakin motherboard AND CPU for a computer that was purchased through Dell....figured that would be almost common sense there. If that guy wanted to upgrade then you should have known to tell him it's a coorperate bought computer and those aren't easily upgradeable, unless you go through them, other than that, he'd need a new case for the motherboard, possibly a new PSU if it's a real old computer.

However, this is not my machine its a clients and he wants all of his stuff on it.

This is where your problem starts and this is another reason I don't like Intel...because they are out to market their processor to companies like dell and PeoplePC and retard anyone buying their computers so they have to go to the manufacturer to upgrade.

Honestly man, if you are going to do this as a source of income, then you should do some more homework. I'm not going to say knowing about the Dells should be common knowledge, but if you're going to fix computers it should be. Dells are meant to be upgraded by Dell....and they make it that way.

Shoulda told the guy he needed a new HD and make the one he wants all his stuff on as the slave...then he can access all his old info. Trying to change out the motherboard and CPU on a dell built machine and ontop of that, trying to put in the old HD and ontop of that trying to upgrade it to win2k.....seems like one bad move after another.

Yeah. I didn't do my reasearch on Dells this is my first dell upgrade experience. Besides doing this on the side I run a network. I excell more in configuration settings for security and shizz rather than the latter. As I type this I got it to work, still has all the files, dell os is gone, programs are there. I have built many computers in my time I have upgraded Gateways and compaqs with little problems and I upgraded this dell too. I just have not slept in like I dunno 3 days so my brain is a little bit fried. I've set up large area networks, configured ms exchange servers for VPN, secured them, back in the day I was a big time hacker but I got caught so I stopped, blah blah blah, I relativly know what I am doing however I tend to rush into things. Also I had a deadline and I missed it because dell cases don't take other motherboards. Hey I didn't know I never bought a non custom made comp. Most parts as long as they meet some compatibility settings (minus custom made company parts) work pretty well together. I have messed up a lot of computers in my time and it is completly due to my lack of organization with hardware. When it comes to software and diagnosing problems thats where I really excell. Securing computers. Hey. I may act all goofy and emotional but it is just because I am too tired to stop typing. Whatever I did what I set out to do. Sure I had some bumps on the way but that is because I am stubborn when it comes to stuff like this.

Sorry if you think I am an idiot who has no idea what he is doing.

The guy is also my boss where I work so I try and sugarcoat things for him. Networking man.

The guy is also my boss where I work so I try and sugarcoat things for him.
Ahhh well you never mentioned that lol. Nah I didn't mean it to come off like 'Dude you're a moron!' or anything like that, but I figured if you're gonna take apart computers you should know some basics like that. My friend has a Dell computer, and I couldn't even get into the case, because the case design was unlike anything I had ever seen and had a latch on the back so it opens up more like an 18 wheeler than it does a computer case...it's weird.

nice site btw almost looks like php nuke but its all html.

That's because I made it HTML :D but yeah it's base foundation is php and it's all integrated using CSS and Smarty Template engine. you can also access the site via

27thavenue.com/customer/home.php

there's where the .php comes in :D But with this particular software, it allows you to create whats called an 'HTML Catalog' which basically does what you've seen...makes it all HTML...the .php is still there...customers can just no longer see it. Its better for the site as far as indexing goes in search engines ;) so after it creates that catalog it's put into a specific folder and that's why after you 'enter' the store you'll see catalog/index.html instead of the customer/home.php ;) Thanks for the comment though. I designed it and maintain it myself. My father owns the website and first started it at 27thavenue.safeshopper.com but he has little web knowledge and they had easy to follow templates, so I thought it was time for him to get in the 'now'

EDIT: BTW it's not php nuke , it's the shopping cart software we used, called x-cart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom