koldapu

Fully Optimized
Lemme just give you the main parts:

Athlon 64 3000+ Winchester
MSI Neo4 Ultra
1GB PC3200 RAM
Antec Neopower 480W
Dell 2005FPw

I'm looking for a video card between $200 (6600GT) and $360 (6800, x800XL)

i know i know, broad price range

I'm going to be playing HL2, CS:S, BF:V, MS Flight Sim, maybe a couple of sports titles (my guess is that the latter wont need much gfx enhancments)

Basically, I want a card that will last a couple of years until DX10 comes out (then i'll go for a SUPERCARD)

is it worth it to pay extra for a 6800 vs a 6600GT? Or should I wait a few extra weeks to get the x800XL for about 350?

FYI: I havn't built the PC yet, all I have received is the CPU

i would get the 6600gt because it will play everything there with ease, and since you are upgrading in a year or two, why waste money on a top end 6800gt when a 6600gt will do you

Well if he upgrades the graphics card in a year or two then yeah the 6600GT is fine, otherwise an eVGA 6800GT overclocked to Ultra speeds will last him a good......3 years or so or atleast I'd think so, but who knows the way games are progressing these days.

Point is the 6600GT is quite the champ and should play all of todays games no problems and will suffice you until your next upgrade definitely, especially since you want to go SUPER CARD! lol within two years I'd say wayne is right on the money, save yours and get the 6600GT :)

ok cool

also, BEFORE MAY, i am probably going to get an HDTV capture card (HDTV Wonder, maybe, havn't really looked into it)

would a 6600GT be able to display HD-quality stuff

my monitor is 1680x1050

and thank you, i was also thinking 6600GT a little bit

what would the FPS on HL2 and CS:S be like on 16:10 with minimal AA/AF

under what circumstances should i get the x800XL . . . i mean, 16 pixel pipelines, it COMPETES with the 6800GT . . .

if it reaches $320 soon, should i get that instead?

and what about the FPS with HL2, Farcry, etc with the 6600GT at 16:10?

i think i'll get the x800XL . . . i can't buy the vid card until mid february because im getting some more cash then . . . so the price will probably go down from $390

I have no clue man. I don't have access to the cards themselves muchless high definition TVs with a 16:10 ratio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom