Help me build a low budget PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbendo

Solid State Member
Can someone be kind enough to give me a list of all the components needed in building your own pc...
I don't have enough budget I just want to be able to build one for my son, like maybe $600....
If it is not too much to ask I need all that is needed to make it work, I want to be able to build it from point 0.... I hope you get what I mean... Thanks a lot.

You will need a CPU, motherboard, memory, video card, case, cooling devices, hard drive, optical drives (CD/DVD/Floppy) and power supply.

If you can provide what you want this computer to do, or what it's primary purpose is, I can pick out parts to fit your budget.

Do you need a monitor? mouse? keyboard? Windows? Building a low budget pc for less than $600 dollars is really easy and wont be as low budget as you think if you have these things. You may pick up a used monitor at any Mom and Pop PC store (not Bestbuy or compusa) Windows on the other hand, may be your biggest hurdle. Unless your thinking of running a linnux OS.

I don't think his son would like Linux, it's built for server use more than anything, and it isn't really practical for the home PC owner, especially one who wants a fairly hassle free enviroment.

You can build one for less than $400, even though that's considered low budget... it'll still be a very nice setup. If you don't need a monitor you can even build one for around $300. That's with the case, psu, cpu, board, and 256mb mem. As for video card you should buy a board that has onboard video.
I've done a lot of low budget setup's.

Ok, my son is going to use this for some of his school paperworks, netsurfing and maybe slight games and music. thank you all for your help.... If you can also teach me how to put this together that would be really really nice.

yes and i do take u have monitor and windows at least i hope or ur gonna have to buy that stuff probably localy

not hard to assemble it, its pretty self explainatory. 1st thing, make sure when u attach motherboard to case that you dont have any standouts touching circuitry. line up the holes on motherboard to the standouts on case (dont attach yet). then remove motherboard and make sure that you dont have any standouts attached to case that dont line up with motherboard. once you are SURE that its a perfect match, attach it. then just plug everything in. go over it 3 times to make sure every device is attached to motherboard and all hardware has power attached and all ide cables/power cables are seated. close case and power up. put windows in cdrom drive and rock and roll.

Do I really need to spend that much for the video card...
Yes I do have a Windows XP that I can install, is there anything else I need and thanks timmer for putting it together....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom