help me assemble

Status
Not open for further replies.

aznmandhs

Baseband Member
This is wat im going to buy so far? If there is anything missing please tell me.

Case- Thermaltake V1000D Xaser III Steel Tower Case with Clear Side Panel, Fan Speed Controller and Temp

Mobo- ASUS 875P Chipset Motherboard for Intel Socket 478 CPU, Model "P4C800 DELUXE"

Processor- Intel Pentium 4/ 3.2C GHz 800MHz FSB, 512K Cache, Hyper Threading Technology

Power Supply- THERMALTAKE W0019+PFC Silent Purepower 480W with Black housing - Purepower Butterfly ATX 2-Fan Power Supply, Model "W0019"

Memory- Kingston HyperX Series Dual Kits 184 Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-3700

Video Card- ASUS ATI RADEON 9800PRO Video Card, 256MB DDR, 256-bit, DVI/VIVO, 8X AGP

Hardrive- Maxtor 160GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive, MODEL 6Y160M0

Drive 1- Lite-On Black 52X32X52 CD-RW Drive, Model LTR-52327S

Drive 2- Plextor Black 8X DVD-RW/+RW Drive, Model PX-708A/SW-BL

Questions:
Do i need arctic silver? If yes, what kind would u prefer

Do i need a Hardrive Controller( Raid Card)? If yes, what king would you prefer.

Do I need a soundcard or does my mobo come with one? If i needed to buy one, I would get the Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS GAMER Limited Edition PCI Sound Card. Would that be OK?

Would there be a better case that you would prefer?

Thanks

-No sound card (mobo has onboard, but with a high spec system... I dont see the point in not getting a nice sound card). The Audigy series is great, whatevers in your budget.
-No floppy drive
-If you plan on gaming you may wanna just ditch the CD-RW and get a DVD drive. That DVD-RW will make CDs too... And some games nowdays require DVD drives as a copyright protection method.
-That motherboard doesnt support that speed of RAM. The max is DDR400 (PC3200).
-Yes you need arctic silver, get AS5.
-No you dont need a controller card for raid. You have onboard on that mobo.

The case is all about you. Thats a great case if it fits your tastes. I hate em myself, but not because of functionality, purely looks. Im a Lian Li man myself.

What is all that DDR400/333/266 Max 4GB for the mem on the Mobo?
Do i need to buy a memory that has a DDR4000, DDR 3300, and DDR 2600?

THanks

Those numbers are memory speed, and that motherboard supports up to DDR400.

@ Deadguy - The video card is an ASUS. Those really are the specs for it.

The video card is fine aznmandhs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom