Help with making comp work

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaosiN

Solid State Member
hi, my friend got a A7N8X mobo and a AMD Athlon XP 3000+ using his old HD's with xp pro installed and new RAM ..corsair 3200 xms series. We plugged in all the accessories cords in correct then we turn it on and the mobo goes for like half a second not even that really, just like a jolt of power and the farns start turning then stop right away. also i know that if XP is installed on a HD and it recognizes a new mobo it will shutoff for security reasons. i told him to start it up with the other blank HD only but that didnt work. any ideas? everything else is seated right, the cpu, ram, A drive :confused: and yes the heatsink and hsf is on there.

This might sound stupid, but cheak your IDE cables r in the right way, this will casue the pc to shut off,

Yes, XP will not work with an unknown MoBo, and will shut off, but seeing it doesn't work with a blank HD, that isn't the probleme, there isn't much i can do for you over the net mate, just cheak everything is connected the right way, and swap things around and try things,

On atx type mobos it's common for the fans to pulse on when you plug the power cord in. Have you got the power on button cable pluged into the mobo right?

I was thinking that, Problely your case wires that are mixed up, try unconnecting them, and starting the pc with a screw driver, just connect the 2 power rods with the tip of it, and it should start

Well now we unplugged all the power connections to everything except the motherboard and now the mobo boots up for like 10 seconds then goes off

we also tried setting the jumper to default 200fsb, using different ram combinations with different types of ram. the things we havnt tried are reseating the CPU or seeing if its a grounding problem..anyone know how to check if its a grounding problem of any other suggestion could be something esle

did it work

Please tell me if you get yours to work. I'm having an identical problem. I finally broke down and called my mobo manufacturers tech support and we went all the way down to just hte cpu in the mobo. I took of the thermalright hs I had on there and put the oem back on, and guess what It came on. Unfortunately I wasn't satisfied with that setup, so I put the thermalright back on and I was back to square one. I get a pulse in the fans adn that's it. I said screw it and just wanted the comp up tonight so I put the oem hs back on and now it wont boot up either. I just can't figure it out. I'm having the exact same issues as you are so tell me if you get yours working. My hardware is:

Chaintech 7NJS-Ultra
AMD XP 2800+ barton
DURO 400watt psu
Corsair Value Select Dual Channel 1gb (2x512mb)
Chaintech ti4200 SE
WD 120gb HD
And basic drives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom