Help! lost sound drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solnyshko

Beta member
After inheriting an Asus A7S333 motherboard I've cobbled together a fine machine from other odds and socks to get the Old Man into 21st century. All is in order except for the sound.

I cant for the life of me locate drivers or software for this motherboard. Not sure where to look, Asus dont appear to have have anything for this model on their site. CAn anyone give me some pointers?

Device manager seems to be happy with everything except for the onboard sound which is absent. Under Other Devices->Other Multimedia Audio Controller has a large yellow question mark against it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Sols

Thanks ag3. I clicked the d/l link for XP and a my browser (firefox) informed me that the document contained no data :(

hmmm... Well I got it to work, after a fashion. Though I must say the sound quality is pretty lacking - have you experience with this mobo? There appears to be a lot of sound bleed, indeed every time the HDD is accessed there is background interference.

I'm just trying to find the reference software that ASUS released the MB, I cant believe that such a company would have marketed hardware with such shonky drivers!. Wonder if it's still available somewhere...

ok PM'd you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom