Help! Looking for glossy screen pc monitors. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 04:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Help! Looking for glossy screen pc monitors.

In the process of building a new pc. Wanting to replace my HP monitor with an upgrade. Can't seem to find a monitor with these characteristics. Please, somebody help!

1- Don't really like matte finish, my HP w2207 gave a nice crisp picture. Looking to replace with similar glossy screen build.

2- Monitor size between 21.5-24 inches.

3- Going to be mounting to wall arm (dual set-up). Need to have vesa mounting ability.

4- Good reliable name and product but at a reasonable budget. Monitor should not be more than $220 USD.

5- LED backlit.

It would seem as though I'm asking for the world. I think these are simple requests. Monitor manufacturers are telling me different. Does somebody know of a solution?

Old 03-12-2012, 10:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Default Re: Help! Looking for glossy screen pc monitors.

Television's an option??

Old 03-12-2012, 12:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Oh man! Duh! LOL. So, since I haven't thought of this, can you help give me a good direction. What is it I need to look for in television options for them to be monitor compatible? And does this mean I'm going to have to do plasma. Do television lcd's come in gloss? Remember, trying to keep that cost down. Thanks again!
Old 03-12-2012, 04:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster

90% of recent TV's have at least a VGA/DVI/HDMI port. You don't have to go plasma.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senor_Hektor View Post
Oh man! Duh! LOL. So, since I haven't thought of this, can you help give me a good direction. What is it I need to look for in television options for them to be monitor compatible? And does this mean I'm going to have to do plasma. Do television lcd's come in gloss? Remember, trying to keep that cost down. Thanks again!
You need to find a TV that will have an input that is compatible with your PC. While MoM is right and most TV's do come with an SVGA port, there are few that I have seen at a lower cost that come with DVI. They should all have at least 1 HDMI, but your PC might not have that connection. So you are looking at the good chance you will have to use a DVI to SVGA adapter or DVI to HDMI to connect the TV to the PC. Again this all comes down to the connections available on both devices.

Yes TV's come with a Gloss Screen. Samsung has them. I know that one for a fact. You can get a 32" Samsung LCD HDTV for about $300 at Walmart. You do need to give a price range though as TV's are going to be a bit more expensive and the size range is going to factor in as well. Most 22" LCD and LED HDTV's I have seen dont have a gloss screen.

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Closed Thread